Therma’s Industrial Controls division offers its clients the combined benefits of fabricating custom equipment modules while providing the specialized services of automation and electrical engineering necessary for the unit’s operation. Our automation team is made up of chemical engineers with extensive experience in biotechnology, petro-chemical, food and beverage, and semi-conductor processes. This combination of systems integration and mechanical engineering fabrication ensures the security of a sole supply source.
Our automation and process engineers have a combined experience base spanning more than 100 years.
Process areas of expertise include:
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Operations:
- Fermentation, Harvest Filtration, TFF, Chromatography, CIP, SIP
- Power Generation and Municipal Facilities:
- Cooling Towers, Boilers, RO and Membrane Technologies, Lead/Lag Systems
- Semiconductor and Solar Fabrication Systems:
- PCW Distribution Systems
- Cleantech Energy and New Technology Ventures:
- Biodiesel, Electrolysis, Fuel Cell Applications
- Hazardous Classifications Including Class 1 Div 1 and 2 and Zone Equivalents
Our automation engineers are knowledgeable about a variety of cross-platform PLC, DCS, HMI, and SCADA control systems applications. We are committed to meeting our client’s diverse requirements and specialized implementations.
We Routinely Develop Applications for the Following Control Systems and HMI Platforms:
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and SLC500
- Siemens S-7 Series Including TIA Portal
- Modicon/Modbus Integration
- Automation DirectLOGIC Series
- Emerson DeltaV
- Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View for PanelView and Networked Applications
- Ignition SCADA – Inductive Automation
- GE Proficy iFIX and Cimplicity Series HMI and SCADA
- Third-Party Integration of Packaged Equipment (i.e. Compressors, Boilers, RO treatment Units)
- Major industry standard communications protocols:
- Foundation Fieldbus, PROFIBUS, Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP or RTU, DeviceNet, OPC
Electrical/Control Panel Design and Fabrication
Therma’s process systems engineers carefully consider the unique electrical, instrumentation, and controls requirements for specialized skid operation. All panels are designed and fabricated to meet UL508A certification requirements. Control panels are fabricated to ensure that the NEMA rating conforms to the local operational environment.
Key features and benefits include:
- Circuit Breaker and Load Distribution Sizing
- Instrumentation Selection and Control Loop Design
- Voltage Segregation in Accordance with NFPA7OE Arc-Flash Safety and Mitigation
- Therma Dissipation Heat Exchanger Calculations
- Operator Ergonomics for Graphics Terminal Interaction
- Complete Set of Electrical Schematics and Panel Layout Drawings
- Point-to-Point Verification and Continuity Testing
- Fail Safe and Emergency Stop Interlock Wiring
For more information on Industrial Controls, click here to download the PDF, Industrial Controls Brochure.